hm... got a call from my aunt from Japan. She was married to a Japanese bout 15 years ago and lived there. We all knew that she'd been having a hard time struggling with life and money. Her husband was declared bankrupt 5 years ago and life had been hard for their family ever since.
Today, she finally called for help. After all these years of repaying her debt, all she had paid was the interests of relatives' loans and some of the bank loans. She couldn't pay for her kids' school either. The debt was huge and I was surprised that she could keep quiet for that long before asking for help. Now, we're calling up other uncles to see what they can come up with. I still think that the best idea is to sell the shop that was inherited from my grandma, bout 10+ years ago. We had been renting the shop to people for couple of hundreds a month and the money collected had always been given to my 3rd uncle. However, all expenses for this shop's maintenance had been the responsibilities of my 2nd uncle. My dad is not in the picture coz we had given up the possession of this shop from day one.
I don't think my 3rd uncle would agree to sell the shop since it's part of his income, but I think we should talk to my 2nd uncle to get rid of the shop to avoid more maintenance expenses. Then the money from the sale of the shop can be used to pay the loans for my aunt in Japan. I sure hope that things will work out soon.
Hope for a better tomorrow for everyone too....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment